BIVDA has commissioned a report with Charles Rivers Associates to look at the role of partnerships and policy solutions in addressing challenges in the genomics diagnostics landscape.
The objective was to develop a novel, evidence-based industry report supporting the wider implementation of genomic testing to address the following questions;
- What value does genomic testing bring to patients, physicians, health systems, and society?
- How robust is the evidence to support communication of these benefits?
- What factors could prevent these benefits materialising?
- How might the UK suffer from missing out on these potential economic and societal benefits?
- What previous successful examples of partnerships exist in the UK?
- How have these improved patient access to genomic testing?
- What key enablers have driven these partnership models?
- How could such partnerships be implemented more systematically?
Feedback and drafting is now complete and the report will shortly be released.
The next Genomics Working party was scheduled for the 15 March but as it falls within the report launch timescales the meeting has been deferred and will take place in person at the BIVDA Offices on the 18th May. Members who have registered will automatically be registered for that meeting, so please advise if you are unable to attend. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org