Multiple UK legislative changes have taken place recently. Notably, these include changes to:
- The Persistent Organic Pollutants (Amendment) Regulations 2023 – These regulations amend Regulation (EU) 2019/1021 of the European Parliament and of the Council on persistent organic pollutants (recast) (OJ No L 169, 25.6.2019, p 45) to extend the period for which the specific exemption in Annex 1 applicable to perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), its salts and PFOA-related compounds for certain personal protective equipment applies.
- The Packaging Waste (Data Reporting) (No. 2) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2023 – These Regulations are made to correct errors in The Packaging Waste (Data Reporting) (No.2) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2023 (S.R. 2023 No. 25) (“the first Regulations”), to make a further provision clarifying when a brand owner is a producer in relation to packaging and to assign responsibility for certain packaging to packer/fillers, rather than brand owners, and to importers.
- The Packaging Waste (Data Reporting) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2023
- The REACH (Amendment) Regulations 2023
- The Animal By-Products and Animal Health (Miscellaneous Fees) (Scotland) Regulations 2023
- The Animal By-Products, Pet Passport and Animal Health (Fees) (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2023
- The Deposit and Return Scheme for Scotland Amendment Regulations 2023