A new standard BS EN ISO 14002-2:2023 Environmental management systems — Guidelines for using ISO 14001 to address environmental aspects and conditions within an environmental topic area — Part 2: Water has been added to the international environmental management series.
This document uses the BS EN ISO 14001 framework to address issues related to water. It focuses on both how water impacts an organization and vice versa.
BS EN ISO 14002-2:2023 gives guidance and examples related to:
- environmental impacts
- water dependencies
- water vulnerabilities at different sites and in the lifecycle of your products and services
- strategic planning around:
- protecting aquatic ecosystems
- protecting water supplies and availability
- minimizing water consumption
- protecting and enhancing water quality
- adapting and responding to changes like seawater rises and different rain patterns and
- preparing for water related events like flooding and droughts.
It also considers fulfilling compliance obligations relating to water; protecting the environment; preventing water related business risks; and improving stakeholder relations.
BS EN ISO 14002-2 Executive Briefing provides more information on how this standard will benefit your organization.