Innovate UK is helping ambitious businesses to collaborate and expand in new markets, accelerating business growth. This week we’ll look at the exclusive MedTech opportunity in Ireland.
Why Ireland? Home to more than 300 Life Sciences companies, numerous research centres, and multiple universities engaged in biomedical research, Ireland is a concentrated Health and Life Sciences hub.
The Irish MedTech market is valued at around €12.6 billion, with an expectation of growth aligned with the following factors:
- Wider adoption of medical technology in everyday lives
- Advancements in technology that enable us to detect diseases at an early stage
- Enhancement of labour with technology
With its strategic position in the European Union and an established ecosystem for life sciences, Ireland is an ideal ecosystem for developing ground breaking technologies in the field of health. A substantial number of Irish Life Sciences and Health companies cooperate with international or knowledge institutions.
- Explore Ireland’s medical technology and diagnostics opportunities
- Get a better understanding of the challenges and opportunities of doing business in Ireland
- Find potential innovation collaborators and partners and develop your network in the UK and globally
- Improve your company value proposition to international partners and investors
Areas of interest include:
- Neuroscience and Neurotech
- Genomics, Omics and Molecular Diagnostics
Find out how GBIP in Ireland can help your business grow
Application form can be found here.
Closing date for application: 31st July 2023
Pre-visit briefing workshop: 18th September 2023
Innovation visit: 4th – 8th December 2023
Post-visit exploitation workshop: 8th January 2024