BIVDA Chief Executive Doris-Ann Williams is to speak at The King’s Fund’s “Meeting demand: the changing picture of diagnostics” event on Wednesday 16 November 2022.
She will be joined by other eminent speakers such as Chair of the Independent Review of Diagnostic Services for NHS England, Professor Sir Mike Richards and National Specialty Advisor Pathology for NHSE/I, Professor Jo Martin CBE.
This event will explore what can be learnt from the NHS reponse to Covid-19, how partners are working to reshape diagnostic pathways through community diagnostic centres, point-of-care testing and increasing workforce capability and capacity.
Moreover, leaders and experts from across the NHS, academia and the life sciences industry will gather to explore how to build a more sustainable diagnostic sector and will:
- consider how to plan and map local diagnostic services to address unmet need
- discuss how to use community assets to redefine the diagnostic model
- explore how to embed point-of-care testing and remote monitoring effectively and at scale
- discuss the role of primary care in diagnostic pathways
- consider how to establish community diagnostic hubs to address unmet health needs and widen access to diagnostics.