BIVDA CEO Doris-Ann Williams will be speaking at the Westminster Health Forum event titled: Next steps for the UK life sciences sector – policy and regulation, funding and investment, collaboration and the mission approach, evidence and clinical trials, and patient access to innovation’. The event takes place virtually on 19 July, and will be an opportunity to assess changes to regulation and evaluation – and the support, frameworks, partnerships and investment required for the life sciences industry to navigate the way forward.
It promises to be a very interesting discussion for delegates, and will be attended by key policy officials from DHSC, HM Treasury, the Scottish Government and the House of Commons Library.
Areas for discussion include:
- Life Sciences Vision – implementation of strategic ambitions – priorities for channelling investment
- mission-led approach – stakeholder collaboration – targeting investment & funding – learning from the development of the COVID-19 vaccine
- sector growth – support for innovation & manufacturing – government funding – developing the business environment to support growth & healthcare ambitions – global competitiveness
- new approaches to evaluation – effective stakeholder use of regulatory flexibility – frameworks for data use to support new methods
- clinical trials – opportunities to address bureaucracy – improving efficiency & participation – accessing harder-to-reach population groups
- data & real-world evidence – providing clarity on what is needed for the sector to capitalise on potential
- personalised, predictive & preventative health care – next steps – improving patient access – commercialisation – tackling inequality in health outcomes.
Please find information on booking your place on this page.