It was our Environmental Working Party this week, and we are happy to see that more members are joining us each meeting. If you would like to join this working group, please contact Nat
The meeting opened with an overview and summary of Europe and the USA.
Other topics included;
- UK Plastics tax – which applies from 1st April 2022. Members should refer to HMRC for further details.
- UK OPSS (Office for Product Safety and Standards) – UK Designated Standards Published including for ECO Design.
- UK OPSS (Office for Product Safety and Standards) – UK RoHS
- Phalates consultation which has been published.
- HSE – Biocides – Separate Biocides register for GB.
- HSE – GB MCL (CLP) – we are starting to see some divergence from EU CLP
- HSE – PIC – Prior Informed Consent (PIC) Regulation.
- Management of radioactive liquids: review of regulatory framework
- HSE – COSHH Regulation 2002 and setting of WELs.
- Sustainability Overview.
- Interaction and input of members to industry positions and lobbying requirements.
2 surveys were issued for members to complete (below)
Member Feedback – Chemicals and Environmental Legislation for the UK, EU and Internationally
Future UK Chemicals Regime Survey
The deadline for the completion of both surveys will be Friday 29 October 2021.
Finally, we are looking for a Vice-Chair for this working group.
Please let Helen know if you would be interested in becoming the Vice-Chair of this Working Party or for details and an explanation of the role.
Deadline for interest is Monday 1 November 2021.