HSE have published their latest bulletins:
Classification Labelling and Packaging (CLP)
- ECHA public consultation: call for comments on:
- undecafluorohexanoic acid, PFHxA; sodium undecafluorohexanoate, NaPFHx; ammonium undecafluorohexanoate, APFHx; other inorganic salts of undecafluorohexanoic acid (EC: 206-196-6, 220-881-7, 244-479-6; CAS: 307-24-4, 2923-26-4, 21615-47-4). Chemical registered under REACH. Human health hazard classes open for commenting (deadline 3 July)
- Upcoming GB active substance dossier submission deadlines: Take action to keep your active substance in the GB Review Programme. The active substance/product type combinations listed below have been successfully notified into the GB Review Programme following open invitations. The next step is for a full active substance dossier to be submitted to HSE by the following deadlines:
- 2,2-dibromo-2-cyanoacetamide (DBNPA) (CAS 10222-01-2 EC 233-539-7) in product type 02 (deadline 16 November 2023)
- Active chlorine generated from sodium chloride by electrolysis (CAS 7782-50-5 EC n/a) in product types 02, 03, 04, 05 and 11 (deadline 17 April 2025)
Only the person, company or taskforce/consortium that successfully notified the active substance/product type combination listed above can submit a dossier. If any of these active substance/product type combinations are important to you, consider contacting the notifier to let them know. You may even be able to join them in supporting the active substance.
If a dossier is not submitted by the deadline, these active substance/product type combinations will be subject to a GB non-approval decision. Biocidal products containing active substances with GB non-approval decisions for the relevant product types will have to be removed from the GB market. HSE will provide separate updates on these where relevant.
Active substance no longer supported in GB
Non-approval decision to be taken for unsupported active substance in GB
Following an opportunity for any person, company or taskforce/consortium to support the active substance/product type combination listed below in the GB Review Programme, no compliant notification and/or dossier was received:
- Pyrithione zinc (Zinc pyrithione) (CAS 13463-41-7 EC 236-671-3) in product type 02
In cases where active substance/product type combinations are not supported, GB biocides regulations require that these active substance/product type combinations are subject to a GB non-approval decision.
Once a decision is taken, biocidal products containing this active substance in the relevant product types will have to be removed from the GB market. HSE will provide separate updates on the decision and relevant phase-out periods.
Important: If you are aware of any disproportionate negative effects that are likely to arise from the non-approval of any of the active substance/product type combinations listed above, please contact us by 1 June 2023.
Active substance renewal supported in GB
Biocidal products can continue to be supplied in GB
The active substance/product type combination listed below has been supported for renewal under the GB BPR:
- Hydrochloric acid (CAS 7647-01-0 EC 231-595-7) in product type 2
Biocidal products containing this active substance in the relevant product type can continue to be supplied and used in GB while the renewal evaluation is ongoing.
HSE will provide separate updates on the outcome of the renewal evaluation, including any decisions to postpone the current expiry date of the approval.