HSE have published their latest bulletins:
- Upcoming EU active substance approval dateApply for product authorisation by the deadline to keep your products on the NI marketThe following EU BPR active substance approval date is coming up:
- L-(+)-lactic acid (CAS 79-33-4 EC 201-196-2) in product type 06 (deadline 1 November 2023)
If you supply biocidal products containing this active substance in the relevant product type, don’t forget to apply for EU BPR product authorisation by the date above to keep them on the NI market.
- Upcoming EU active substance renewal submission deadlinesApply for active substance renewal by the deadlines to keep products on the NI marketUnder the EU BPR, active substance approvals will expire unless a renewal application is submitted at least 550 days before their expiry date.
The 550-day deadlines are coming up for the following active substance/product type combinations under EU BPR. This affects NI:
- Acrylaldehyde (Acrolein) (CAS 107-02-8 EC 203-453-4) in product type 12 (deadline 28 August 2023)
- (RS)-α-cyano-3phenoxybenzyl-(1RS)-cis, trans-3-(2,2-dichlorovinyl)-2,2-dimethylcyclopropanecarboxylate (Cypermethrin) (CAS 52315-07-8 EC 257-842-9) in product type 08 (deadline 28 November 2023)
- 1-[[2-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-4-propyl-1,3-dioxolan-2-yl]methyl]-1H-1,2,4-triazole (Propiconazole) (CAS 60207-90-1 EC 262-104-4) in product type 09 (deadline 28 November 2023)
- Carbon dioxide (CAS 124-38-9 EC 204-696-9) in product type 15 (deadline 28 November 2023)
Any person, company or taskforce/consortium can support an active substance/product type combination for renewal – it doesn’t have to be the original supporter. Check the EU Article 95 List to see who the original supporters were.
If a renewal application is not submitted for the above active substance/product type combinations under EU BPR, the approvals will expire. This means the active substances can no longer be used in biocidal products of the relevant product types in NI.
- Upcoming EU active substance open invitation deadlinesSubmit a notification by the deadline to keep active substances in the EU Review ProgrammeThe European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has published open invitations to provide an opportunity for a person, company or task force/consortium to notify an intention to take up or take over the role of participant in the EU Review Programme for the following active substance/product type combinations. This affects NI.
Anyone wishing to support one of the active substance/product type combinations listed below in the EU will need to submit a notification to ECHA by the following deadlines:
- Reaction products of: glutamic acid and N-(C12-C14-alkyl)propylenediamine (Glucoprotamin) (CAS 164907-72-6 EC 403-950-8) in product types 02 and 04 (deadline 4 August 2023)
- Hydrogen Peroxide (CAS 7722-84-1 EC 231-765-0) in product types 11 and 12 (deadline 25 November 2023)
If a notification to take over the role of participant is not received, these active substance/product type combinations will be subject to an EU non-approval decision. Biocidal products containing active substances with EU non-approval decisions for the relevant product types will have to be removed from the NI market.
HSE will provide separate updates on these where relevant.
If you are aware of any disproportionate negative effects that are likely to arise from the non-approval of any of the active substance/product type combinations listed above, please contact us.