HSE have published their latest bulletins:
Live online training event delivered by HSE: human health endocrine disruption of pesticides and biocides (27 – 28 September 2023)
This event will focus on the toxicological ED assessment of pesticide and biocide active substances and biocide products and will present the current evaluation approach used by HSE.
The training will be delivered by HSE regulatory specialists and will include sessions on the guidance currently available. The focus will be on helping attendees understand how to improve the quality of their applications by demonstrating how these dossiers are assessed by HSE as the regulator responsible for approvals and authorisations under the BP and PPP regimes.
Who should attend?
Those who already carry out toxicological ED assessments of pesticide and biocide substances and biocide products or have an interest in the evaluation approach used by HSE.
- ED criteria for pesticide and biocide active substances and associated European Chemicals Agency/European Food Safety Authority guidance
- overview of toxicology ED assessment scheme for biocide/pesticide active substances
- general approach and information sources for adversity and activity
- specificity of adverse effects
- organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Conceptual Framework for testing and assessment of EDs
- templates, spreadsheets, and assessment guiding principles
- assessment of T (thyroid) modality, including data gaps, MoA (mode of action) analysis and DNT (developmental neurotoxicity) considerations
- case studies to illustrate T modality assessment with potential different outcomes
- assessment of EAS (estrogen-androgen-steroidogenesis) modalities, including deficient datasets, data gaps and MoA analysis
- case studies to illustrate EAS modalities’ assessment with potential different outcomes
- endocrine disruption assessment of co-formulants in biocidal products
Find out more and register for this fee paid training event. The closing date for registration is 18 September 2023.
UK REACH application for authorisation: publication of final opinion
The Agency for UK REACH has published a final opinion on the below application for authorisation.
- Reference: AFA022-01
Applicant: TCL Manufacturing Ltd (trading as Perrin & Rowe)
Substance: Chromium trioxide (EC: 215-607-8, CAS: 1333-82-0)
Use: Industrial use of chromium trioxide for functional chrome plating with decorative character for sanitary applications. HSE sent the final opinion to the Appropriate Authorities on 30 June 2023.
HSE sent the final opinion to the appropriate authorities on 30 June 2023. The Defra Secretary of State with the consent of the appropriate authorities has 6 months from receipt of the final opinion in which to make a decision on whether to grant the authorisation. The opinion and other related documentation can be found on the HSE website: List of UK REACH authorisations – granted and applications in progress
- Reference: AFA022-01