A new standard has been added to the international environmental management series, BS EN ISO 14002-2:2023: Environmental management systems — Guidelines for using ISO 14001 to address environmental aspects and conditions within an environmental topic area — Part 2: Water.
BS EN ISO 14002-2:2023 gives guidance and examples that will help you act in relation to your:
- environmental impacts
- water dependencies
- water vulnerabilities at different sites and in the lifecycle of your products and services
- strategic planning around:
- protecting aquatic ecosystems
- protecting water supplies and availability
- minimizing water consumption
- protecting and enhancing water quality
- adapting and responding to changes like seawater rises and different rain patterns and
- preparing for water related events like flooding and droughts.