The Health and Social Care Committee has launched a ‘Future Cancer Inquiry’ to explore innovative approaches and developments that are capable of transforming cancer care.
BIVDA wishes to make a submission on behalf of member companies and are seeking to answer some or all of the following points, as laid out in the inquiry’s terms of reference:
- What are the innovations with the greatest potential to transform cancer diagnosis and treatment in the short, medium and long term?
- How best can innovations in diagnosing and treating cancer be transitioned into frontline clinical settings?
- What can be learnt about innovative cancer diagnosis and treatment from international examples of best practice?
- To what extent is workforce planning keeping up with innovations in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer?
- Is the impact of innovations in cancer diagnosis and treatment on health inequalities being sufficiently taken into account?
If your company has pioneered an innovative IVD that can change the way in which cancer is diagnosed, please send the information to firstname.lastname@example.org to be included in BIVDA’s submission to the inquiry.
You can read the article detailing the inquiry’s launch here.