The AI regulation white paper sets out the Government’s proposals for implementing a proportionate, future-proof and pro-innovation framework for regulating AI.
In the consultation, we’re seeking feedback on the proposals, including:
- the revised cross-sectoral principles, including safety and transparency
- a statutory duty requiring regulators to have due regard to the cross-sectoral principles
- new central functions that focus on coherence across the regulatory landscape, cross-sectoral risk, and monitoring and evaluation
- additional education and awareness support for consumers, businesses, and regulators
- the allocation of legal responsibility for AI throughout the value chain
- approaches to the regulation of foundation models
- an AI regulatory sandbox
This consultation closes at 11:45pm on 21 June 2023.
You can respond to the consultation through this link.