DHSC have opened a call for evidence to aid in development of their 10-year Cancer Plan in England. The aim of this is to improve diagnosis and treatment of cancers.
The following topics are covered within the survey:
- Cancer signs and symptoms, and the existing knowledge in this space
- Access to information
- Priorities (and what the respondent believes these should be)
- Awareness of the causes of cancer
- Speed of diagnosis
- After care and support for patients
- The impact of research and data
- This call for evidence is open until 1 April.
What do I need to do?
BIVDA intends to provide a response to this consultation. Members are encouraged to respond directly where you are involved in the cancer industry, and provide any relevant information to Ashleigh by 28 March to help formulate the BIVDA response.